Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I'd Grown Accustomed to Your Face




ARTIST: Alan Jay Lerner and Frederick Loewe
TITLE: I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face
Lyrics and Chords

[ Cdim7 = ; Edim7 = ; E+ = ]

/ C Cmaj7 - C6 / Dm7 G7 Cmaj7 C6 / Dm7 Cdim7 C - /

/ F Edim7 Dm7 G7 / C Cmaj7 - C6 / Dm7 G7 Cmaj7 C6 /

/ Dm7 B7 / C A7 / Dm7 G7 E+ A7 / D7 Fm / C Em7 / Dm7 G7 C - /Whatever that all means.

[TherapyDoc's adaption of the song from My Fair Lady]

I'd grown accustomed to his face
He almost made the day begin
I'd grown accustomed to his hiding, to his camouflage
and games
His spots, his fins, the predatory
whims

Are second nature to me now
Like breathing out and breathing in

I was so used to his excitement when I'd approach his 5 gal tank
He loved a little halibut, some shrimp, tho it was rank

He'd eat his vegetables too,
I'm feeling kind of blue
Accustomed to his face.

He was serenely independent
And content before we met
Surely he could always have continued that
and yet

He's swimming somewhere else these days
He's in another phase
The Grouper's lost his gaze.


Yeah, you guessed it. The Grouper went belly up on Wednesday, January 24, 2007. Or maybe the night before. Am I taking the blame? You bet. But a person has to learn not to get too attached. . . to a fish.

Copyright 2007, TherapyDoc

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My condolences. I have a beta who I'm fond of, too. I once wrote iambic pentameter about a fish. Maybe I'll have to put it on my blog.

therapydoc said...

yup, you should!

Margo said...

oh. Mom.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear it. Never had one, but it seems like fish don't last very long.


Not to be callous, but do you have any non-fish? If not, I have just the quaker parrot ("Demon Bird") to fill the void in your life.

therapydoc said...

Thanks J, but I've got to keep the complications down. I'm thinking of replacing G with another fish, but not until I have a little more time to devote to it. Maybe in April. You're all the first to know, of course.

  Bring them home, the Homeland Concert There's not much to say. Wait, I take it back. There's SO much to say it is too much. There ...