Monday, February 28, 2011

Charlee Sheen and Back A'Cha

It's impossible not to follow what's going on with Charlie Sheen.  He's talking a lot, to anyone who will listen.  A patient asked me to please blog about it, but I have to tell you.  I just don't have time.  Not right now.  And as luck would have it, a colleague did the job for me, and I trust Dr. Deb's assessment.  We don't need to reinvent the wheel.

All I might add is that if Mr. Sheen is sober for the first time, then yes, a manic episode might indeed follow, if  this is what is wrong, if he has Bi-polar Disorder.  Some people are uni-polar, you know, and this tends to refer to depression, but I have met a few unipolar manics in my life.  Not knowing his history, I can't say what Charlie has, not for sure, but what Dr. Deb says about mania is spot on.

Just because I have no time to write, doesn't mean you should suffer.  So here's an old fashioned Back A'Cha, links to people who link to me.  Or just to people I like.  If I left you out, email me.  Please.  You know I hate it when anyone's mad at me.

Dr. Deb on Charlie Sheen

Sometimes it's the visuals you need when you surf the net.

Sustainable Families Photography Blog 

And then  there's writing with feeling
This is one wild ride

And here's something cool, a place to support artists who actually throw paint on a canvas.They used to do this when people had money. 
 After the Apple:  An exhibition of women in the bible.  

What else, what else.  How about the movies?:
Good News Film Reviews
Law Movie Reviews
Jew Eat Yet?
Movie Web

Or bloggers blogging about Teev?  Online Degree

Nursing blogs:
PINKYRN
Digital Doorway
Call Bells Make Me Nervous
Emergiblog

Therapy blogs:
Blogging Behavioral
Hope Forward
Breakthrough
The Counseling Courier
Mike Langlois, LICSW
Change Therapy
20 Cool Brain Blogs 
Whereapy


Edgy blogs to make you think but definitely not for those of you who can't stand expletives or dirty pictures even to say something. The pain is in the message:
Full Fat Milk
Fugitivus
Spilt Milk
Holistic Parenting on a Dime

Surviving Blogs:
Dancing with Cancer
Life With Multiple Sclerosis and Rheumatoid Arthritis
Neurology Social Worker
I'm Just F.I.N.E.
ACOA
Dry Blog
Uppity Intellectual Crip-- (my greatest critic)
FrumStepper
OCPD--from the front lines
You Don't Have to Dance for Them
Faces of Autism

Blogs on craziness:
Inheriting the Hoard
Shades of Ivory
Cheaper Than Therapy
Daled Amos (4 Steps to Heaven)
Dr. Sanity
Random Thoughts-- (Jack, I thought you would like a change of category)
My M-I-L is Still Sitting Between Us

Education blogs:
Social Work Prep Test
Information Addict
Opposing Views
BlogHer
Junkfood Science
Relationship-Wise 
Rayna Eliana

Personal blogs:
In the Pink
In Sickness and Health
Retriever
My Secretive Garden
Erin Merryn
Canadian PostDoc
Digital Rich
Coming Out of the Trees
Jannie Funster
Elms in the Yard
Here in HP
Hilarity in Shoes
PepperLady

18 comments:

C_Girl said...

Thank you for the link!

Whatever is going on with Charlie Sheen makes me just plain sad. Here is a great post about the situation from a mother who recently lost her son due (in part) to an overdose:

http://mamapundit.com/2011/02/why-no-parent-should-be-cracking-charlie-sheen-jokes/

insi said...

Rock on, therapydoc, thanks for the link!

xo
upsi

Cheryl said...

I'm your greatest critic? HUH? ME?!?! Well in that case, although orange is my fav color, I'm not lovin this orange and green. I hope you settle on something soon.

Anonymous said...

Hey, TherapyDoc, thank you for the link! I really enjoy your dry humor . . . keep posting!

- Marie (Coming Out of the Trees)

therapydoc said...

You're welcome all.
I don't think I can stop changing colors. It's just too much fun.

I mean, could anyone wear colors like these? But don't you just want to sometimes?

Cheryl said...

I'm glad you're having fun. And I DO dress like this sometimes. The clothes used in the following post are mine. Yes I wear bright orange shorts often in the summer, and I can pull it off too. http://uppity-crip.blogspot.com/2011/02/national-medicaid-budget-cuts-news.html

Sidney said...

SO many resources I need to explore! Thank you for all the links, TD.

Mine included. ;)

sewa mobil said...

Nice article, thanks for the information.

Syd said...

I blogged a bit about Sheen last night. Mostly it was about his rant on AA. It would help if Charlie would stick with the winners and learn something from the 5% who did "get it".

insi said...

I like the zesty colors! Brightens up my head.
xo
upsi

Rayna Eliana said...

Thank you for Dr. Deb's link. I read the post and found it to be pretty accurate, from what I know of bi-polar disorder, having lived with one who was diagnosed with it.

Thank you for linking me. :)

The media seems to be exacerbating his emotional and mental state with their interviews of him.

Retriever said...

Thanks for the link!

I think Sheen is manic, has been self-medicating to keep his BPD somewhat managed for years...just my outsider's opinion. Also, classically, when people are first sober they often get a LOT worse emotionally. One factor in so many relapses. I hope and pray his being so famous and conspicuous doesn't interfere with getting honest and good treatment that will help him get better.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cheryl said...

I think you'll really enjoy this post that went up yesterday

http://smartasscripple.blogspot.com/2011/02/super-terrifying-grandma-vanelli.html

Sidney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheap Social Worker said...

Great article with great resources! Thanks for posting!

Erin said...

This blog is great! I just stumbled upon it and I am always looking for resoures for clients so this will be helpful. I particularly like this post! I also have a therapy blog that I started a bit ago...

http://traveltalkteach.blogspot.com/

  Bring them home, the Homeland Concert There's not much to say. Wait, I take it back. There's SO much to say it is too much. There ...