Wednesday, June 07, 2023

My American Flag

 

A 9' long American flag

A 9' long American flag


So, I'm trying to get rid of things that we don't use and my father's American flag called me. Give me away to someone who will fly me! 



But it didn't say that, I did. And then I thought, Why do that? It will get dirty outside, and maybe wet, and if I keep it in a nice place--the plastic bag--it will be just fine, an heirloom. Antique Road Show fodder in 2093.

I looked on Facebook Marketplace and there must have been a hundred of these for sale. 

The 4th of July is coming around. Last year a man shot up downtown Highland Park. The day will never be the same for that idyllic suburb in Illinois. 

Wiki: 

Authorities apprehended 21 year old Robert Eugene Crimo III more than eight hours after the shooting and charged him the next day with seven counts of first-degree murder. On July 27, the charges were upgraded to 21 counts of first-degree murder, 48 counts of attempted murder, and 48 counts of aggravated battery.

I think I'll hang it in the window until the fourth with an eye out for rain, and when the hoopla is over, find a way to make it into a wall hanging. The flag is really beautiful. Maybe they all are.



therapydoc




No comments:

  Bring them home, the Homeland Concert There's not much to say. Wait, I take it back. There's SO much to say it is too much. There ...