Monday, July 24, 2023

Road Rage

 

Evanston bike lane barriers to protect bicyclists

That's a pic of barriers put up by the City of Evanston Illinois to protect bicyclists. It made me so happy that the safety of others is truly a municipal priority. 

What also made me happy, and you're going to laugh, too, is a story. 

I'm driving my big (it is big) white SUV and come to a neighborhood stop sign. I'm not paying the best attention to exactly where I am, this is a wide street. But is it parked up. 

There's a driver to my left, I have the right of way, and he is waving angrily, frantically, to indicate that I should not be in the center of the street. I should be on the right side of the street. 

Now, as a younger person I might have waved my hand (you know that gesture) to tell him to take it where the sun don't shine. Or I might have lowered my window to tell him to get therapy. But at my age what's working better is seeing him as hilarious, laugh out loud hilarious. So upset over having to make his turn and not hit me? Really? He could have just let me go first, I did have the right of way. 

I'm only telling it over to tell you that if you look at people who are angry at you as ridiculous, and overly judgmental, it frees you up. Sure we have to be responsible and considerate, but is it necessary for the other person's blood pressure to go up if we aren't?

Safe driving, friends. 


therapydoc 

No comments:

  Bring them home, the Homeland Concert There's not much to say. Wait, I take it back. There's SO much to say it is too much. There ...