Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Walking on Sunshine

I just hate that readers might think I'm a little old.

No, right?

But just so you should KNOW, my kids say that I like contemporary music, too. Thus I am officially recommending it as a coping strategy with the following caveat:

LISTEN TO HAPPY MUSIC, NOT SAD MUSIC WHEN YOU'RE DOWN. When you're okay, sad music is fine. But yes, it might bring you down. So use with caution.

I choose foot tapping stuff and almost anything with the word "Kiss". I like "GLORIA", "CALL ME", and "MY FAVORITE THINGS".

The other day I heard a song I'd never heard before and am recommending it to you with a link to the music video. It totally woke me up, started the day off with a smile and a jump and good attitude.

Check out the music video link below and ignore the guy opening the packet of cocaine, okay? He's totally wrong. (Was that cocaine?)

Walking on Sunshine

Oh, and yes, I'm taking recommendations for songs you like in the Comments.

Do your best, peeps.

Sometimes Fish and Family also makes recommendations on her "Tunes I'm Hummin' " on a sidebar.

TherapyDoc (T.D.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a huge list of Happy Music that I put on when I'm in a funk or need to get my butt motivated! Music is my therapy.
Here is just a sample.
Most of this is available through itunes.

-Good Day by Luce
-Perfect 10 by The Beautiful South
-God Only Knows by the Beach Boys
-Tiny Dancer by Elton John
-Home by Marc Broussard

therapydoc said...

Thanks Shannan!

therapydoc said...

thought of another one: You're the One That I (Want) Love from Grease, Olivia Newton John and John Travolta.

So happy

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite, favorite happy joyful songs is "Shiny, Happy People" by REM.
I love it. It makes me laugh and I'll sing it all day long after I've heard it.

therapydoc said...

Thanks, Karen. I'm heading over to ITunes right away!

Katie Malinski, LCSW said...

I'm a little late reading this blog entry, but better late than never. Here's two songs to add to your list of happy music:
"To Life" from Fiddler on the Roof
"Everlasting Love" by U2

Katie
www.katiemalinski.com

AV said...

Do You Realize (TPS REMIX) - The Flaming Lips
Oooh Child - The Five Stairsteps
4 Leaf Clover - Erykah Badu
The Sweetest Taboo - Sade
This Must Be The Place - Talking Heads
Are You Gonna Go My Way - Lenny Kravtitz
I Got You - James Brown
Boogie Chillen - John Lee Hooker

  Bring them home, the Homeland Concert There's not much to say. Wait, I take it back. There's SO much to say it is too much. There ...