Tuesday, November 22, 2011

U-C Davis

I just don't get it, and I'm supposed to get everything.  If you saw the video, you saw kids lined up, sitting in a line on the ground, heads between their knees, and policemen spraying them with pepper spray.

Many of you are therapists, but you don't have to be one to know this is sick.
Someone enlighten me here.  It feels way too much like WWII, and those policemen, the Gestapo. Too much interface here, maybe, on my part, but this is unbelievable.

Not to brag, but my fair city, Chicago, handled protests with aplomb.  Maybe 1968 taught us something.

Thanks,

therapydoc

4 comments:

OnlineTherapyCopmany said...

It is the universal problem. One person at the top decides this is the correct course of action and the action is carried out without thought. Is what I am doing right?

Sidney said...

I can't even watch the footage anymore. And I will not generalize about police officers; they are not all bullies.

But mob rule, fear, not using your own judgement to question authority, seem to be contributing factors.

Ms. Adventuress said...

Thank goodness I've not seen this. I find...a little time away from killing things or eating things others have killed, as well as time away from abuse and abusers, helps you see these things in a whole new light...of extra horror. As a society, it would be great to see others try this, together, too. Eat your veggies (not beings) and stop thinking it's okay to harm anything. (Does this sound harsh? =) ♥

Chris said...

"All of these agencies of corruption were banded together, and leagued in blood brotherhood with the politician and the police; more often than not they were one and the same person..."

Upton Sinclair, The Jungle

(worth re-reading just now)

  Bring them home, the Homeland Concert There's not much to say. Wait, I take it back. There's SO much to say it is too much. There ...